Monday, November 10, 2008

Calendar Girl

There are a lot of little things that I hear about and think, "Oh that would be great, but it won't happen to me." Recently, I was lucky enough to experience one of those little things.

A few months back my good friend L from Houston invited me to spend the weekend in Austin on Lake Travis with her and a few other friends. At the time, she had said something about knitting and photographs, I wasn't sure, but it all sounded like a blast, so a few weeks later I took a trek to the lake for a relaxing weekend.

When I arrived I got the details of the knitting/photos situation. L, who's two hobbies are knitting and photography, got word of a photo contest held by knitty.com for their 2009 calendar. Long story short.. all of the girls she had invited spent the afternoon in neon inner tubes, pretending to knit. 400+ pictures and some innapropriate fish behavior later, L submitted her photos and hoped for the best.

Needless to say, we won the contest.

This one was the winner:


Check it out! It's a pretty sweet calendar.


Here are some other photos from the weekend.


0 comments: