I prefer to keep my blog G rated, but sometimes I spill into PG material. This entry is more PG-13 which I try to aviod entirely. However, because what I am going to write about is excellent, I will try to cleverly disguise the material using only PG words.
Last night, my friend J and I are making an emergency run to the HEB near campus. We gather our items and pick the shortest of the long check-out lines. Fairly quickly, J noticed that the gentleman in front of us, presumably a Baylor student indicated by the logo on his t-shirt, had only one item. This particular item happens to be one that isn't imperative but intelligent to have on hand when participating in a certain stereotypical, two-person, late-night, collegiate weekend activity.
After an initial giggle and expression of sympathetic feelings towards said gentleman for his situation, we deemed his purchase to be of an honorable nature and continued with other grocery line chatter.
For the rest of the story, it is important to understand that the HEB every week or so has what they refer to as "basket items" or selected products available at a reduced price that tempt you to purchase them at the checkout.
This week, the item was a disposable camera.
Picture now, J and my faces after he makes his unique purchase and is then asked by the cashier, "Are you interested in a camera this evening?"
Thankfully, the answer was no.
Remarks about the student, his purchase, and cameras continued into the evening.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Better Safe Than Sorry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment