So the jaunt to Grandma's continues...
Yesterday and today I spent some time with N, my cousin, who is 14. Some background.. yes? She's the youngest cousin and the last possible hope of stealing my position as the shortest family member under age 90. I was really hoping.... it didn't happen. After some careful measurement (the back to back test) she has about a half an inch on me, and I have 8 years on her. Such is life.
N and I caused all sorts of noise on our adventures. We walked all over creation looking for pink ribbon in a small town on a Sunday, ate icecream twice (re: last post about the increased consumption of ice cream in the summer), went canoing, recycled cans, attended violin lessons, and (attempted) to take a nap in the park.
A few higlights:
1. Yesterday, I got icecream all over me, and today N was pretty messy, even getting some in her hair.
2. We had such a BALL canoing. We borrowed a canoe from S (an avid reader of my blog) and his roomate. N and I carry this canoe down to the river not far from Grandma's house. While the owners of the canoe stand, watch and laugh. Thanks, guys. We get down to the water and begin to decide the seating arrangements for this expedition. N explains that the person who sits in the back steer. I don't know how to steer a canoe... seriously.. luckily she had half a clue and, although it was interesting, we managed not to run into everything. Not long after, we decided that canoing was an activity that required singing. The song of choice was "Down by the Bay" by Raffi. This was all fine except for that we didn't know all the words. No such thing would stop us. We just made them up. Basically, amazing. Ask if you'd like to know the "remix"
3. Naping = failure. We go to the park, find the right spot for the blanket, dog poop-free, and start to set it down. As I make a final check for anything offensive here comes this snake slithering his way up to me. I scream, she screams, we go inside. FAILURE.
I don't know if you read my blog, chicky, but I had so much fun with you. Can't wait to see you again!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Down by the Bay....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment