Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wonderfully and Beautifully Made

Next Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, and the beginning of my 40 days without makeup. I am not going to like it. As my twitter friend @blissspa said, "I have nightmares about leaving the house without concealer!"

I have, however, come up with a few exceptions to the "no makeup" rule.

1. I will always wear SPF moisturizer and chap stick. I'll come out with a ton of wrinkles if I don't.
2. I will wear mascara to work. Don't want to scare the children.
3. I will not remove myself from any of my typical social situations. (class, knitting, swing, pub church, hanging out with friends, or dates (I wish)).
4. I will not say or think that I am ugly.

That being said.. I'm trying to clear my skin up as much as possible from now until D-Day. My friend Caryn let me use this little bottle of pink miracle goop that's supposed to dry out blemishes. It looks really silly on, but man, it's awesome. Like the shower hair?




So, Katie. What you give up for Lent is supposed to bring you closer to God. How does that work? Makeup is a mask. It's hard to show other people or your God who you REALLY are without forgoing vanity. Forgoing vanity is true beauty.. and after all.. we are wonderfully and beautifully made.

1 comments:

caryn said...

I am so proud of you!! it will be interesting to see what you learn over these 40 days!